Tuesday 18 March 2014

Here's A Thought Snack

Hey! Recently, I have been on a "random fact" kick. I look at random fact pictures on the internet.......annoy my family and friends with random tidbits of knowledge.......and, recently, read random fact books. Here's the book I am currently in the middle of:
It's technically my brother's, but he's usually watching pointless YouTube videos. So he doesn't mind me reading it.
Anyways, what I wanted to do here was give you some RAAAAAAAAAAANDOM KNOWLEDGE! How I selected these facts was simple-I flipped to a random page, and swirled my finger in circles. Then, with my eyes closed, I put my finger down on the page-and the fact I landed on got put here.
Here we go!
*Humans have only explored 5 percent of the ocean.
*Cockroaches can live for a few weeks without their heads.
*The longest pizza ever made stretched 3,745 feet and 0.85 inches and was created in Spain on May 31st, 2011.
*Papero the childcare robot is a mechanical babysitter that uses a 3,000-word vocabulary, 2 "eyes", and 8 "ears" to interact with kids.
*A giraffe's heart is 2 feet long!
*When the ancient Greeks were at war with each other, they called a truce just to hold the Olympics.
*The horse's brain is about the size of a baked potato.
*The word "snickersnee" means large knife.
*Scrooge McDuck was named the richest fictional character in the world by Forbes magazine in 2011. He is worth (a fictional) 44.1 billion dollars.
*The chupacabra has been described as kangaroo-like, but also part gargoyle, with sharp claws and red eyes. In the 1990s in Puerto Rico, some believed that it sucked out farm animal's blood.
*The Rongorongo Hieroglyphs were found on pieces of wood on Easter Island, but no one has been able to read them. Every other line is inscribed upside down.
*The snout of a star-nosed mole is six times more sensitive then the human hand.
If your thoughts are still hungry, I can do another post like this!

2 comments: